Last updated: November 2018
Singapore is a city / state / island separated by a bridge that connects it to Malaysia.
One of the richest and most modern countries of Asia, it will amaze you as well as for its futuristic city features also for cleanliness and order!
You are practically on the equator so you will sweat a lot here, it is always very hot and it is always very wet!
Some of the activities I suggest you plan during a trip to Singapore:
- Take a stroll along Marina Bay and explore the famous Marina Bay Sands hotel.
- A must visit to the “Gardens by the Bay” botanical garden, which seems to have been built by some civilization coming from the future!
- For those who have time to spend here you can go to Pulau Ubin island and visit it by renting a bicycle.
- The Sungei Buloh Wetland park / reserve, in the north-western part of the island, is a good way to stay in the green and detach for a few hours from the city’s concrete.
- I know, captive animals are not a good thing in general, but the Singapore Zoo is very interesting. I do not remember seeing cages with horrible bars and is considered the best in the world.
- A visit among the super-modern architecture of the city center!
- If you arrive by plane, take a closer look at Changi Airport, considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
- A visit to little India and Chinatown to find out how two of Singapore’s largest ethnic groups live.
- Visit the Buddha tooth relic temple. The relic of the spiritual master is in a truly characteristic construction.
- Take a stroll along Orchard Road and its luxurious shops.
- Venture to the Southern Ridges, a path on bridges and walkways in the middle of the (almost) city center.
- On the island of Sentosa there is a Casino, the largest aquarium in the world and the Universal Studios…for those interested.
- Taste some delicious food from the various cultures that coexist here!
Some info about Singapore:
Capital of Singapore: Singapore
Population: 5.6 milioni ab.
Official language: English, Malay, Chinese, Tamil
Currency: Singaporean Dollar
Calling Code of Singapore: +65
Singapore Visa: It depends on your passport, usually you get it easily on arrival in the country, it is 90 days of duration and it’s free. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into the country.
N.B. Always check before leaving the rules for obtaining a visa according to your passport!
Phone and Internet: It’s easy to get a phone card, you can use the wifi service in many hotels and some restaurants, the speed is usually excellent!
The main tourist destinations of Singapore:
Singapore is a city-state, all the attractions are concentrated in the main island of Pulau Ujong and in the island of Sentosa. There are many other islands around.
It is easy to move from one side to the other thanks to the excellent subway.
Singapore, when to go?
Basically you can visit Singapore throughout the year!
December and January are the months where it usually rains more, but it can also rain at any other time of the year …
The weather is almost always hot and wet, you sweat a lot here! So every now and then a visit to a museum, a shopping mall or an air-conditioned cafeteria can be a good idea to recover from the heat.
N.B. Lately the weather conditions are changing a lot, so sometimes the seasons are not always as expected!